Paul L. Wood, DMD, MS
Meet Dr. Wood
Dr. Paul Wood, DMD, MS, graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering in 1968. He then went to work for Texas Instruments in Dallas, TX in the Airborn Radar Department. While at Texas Instruments, he earned his Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Southern Methodist University and was elected to the Eta Kappa Nu Academic Honor Society. About that same time he transferred to the Research Department at the Antenna Laboratory in Plano, Texas where he worked on Anti-ballistic Missile Defense. He then moved to Huntsville, AL where he continued his work on Anti-ballistic Missile Defense at Brown Engineering Research and Development Department in conjunction with the Marshall Space Flight Center and the Redstone Arsenal.
Dr. Wood then moved to Birmingham, AL where he attended the University of Alabama School of Medicine’s Correlative Basic Medical Sciences Program. In 1976, Dr. Wood finished with his DMD degree (Doctor of Dental Medicine). At that time, he stayed in school at the University of Alabama to specialize in endodontics. Upon finishing his specialty training in endodontics in 1978, Dr. Wood moved to Shreveport, LA to become the first endodontist to practice in the city. Dr. Wood has practiced continuously since that time in Shreveport.
- Life Member of the American Dental Association
- Life Member of the Louisiana Dental Association
- Life Member of the American Association of Endodontists
- Member of the Southern Endodontic Study Group
- Charter Member of the Ark La Tex Academy of Dentistry
- Dr. Wood has also been an Adjunct Professor at the LSU School of Dentistry.
- Dr. Wood has been the Chief of Staff of Dentistry at Schumpert Hospital
- Past President of the Northwest Louisiana Dental Association.
- During the past three decades, Dr. Wood has lectured on endodontics locally, nationally and internationally
During his spare time, Dr. Wood enjoys restoring old cars and spending time with his wife, Jan, and their two dogs, Max and Megan.